Friday, January 15, 2010

The Changing Face OF Video Games


Video games definatly have evolved from time. I think video games can be beneficial but also very detrimental. This is because it benefits you since it's entertaining while you're bored or bring people together to have the same interests. But it is also very detrimental. I think this because video games have evolved so much, that it is now interactive! For example wii fit says that you will be exercising and also be having fun at the same time. I tried it and it is fun, but I don't think it is exercising us that much. I say, rather than buy wii fit, people should just get out of their house and exercise for real. It seems that these video games have just made people lazier. This is because there are SO many people who instead of going out or doing other things, rather stay home on the couch and play video games. This is why i think video games can be beneficial and detrimental.

Also to add on more, I just remembered that on the news there was a 15 year old boy who LOVED his his XBOX and Call Of Duty. So when his parents took it away he threatened he'd run away, ofcourse as a parent you would not take that seriously. So they told him to bring a warm coat with him as the weather was getting colder. So when his parents atually took it from him, he ran away. I think this story is pretty crazy. It depends on how much the games mean to the person, to see if it's beneficial or detrimental. To the boy in this story, it is obviously detrimental since he ran away for a game. Also when he'd had oppurtunities to go out to the movies or etc he would rather stay in his room playing Call Of Duty.

I say parents should definatly limit their kids time spent on games, because once they get too addicted maybe their whole lives will be the game. And once it's gona, everything is gone to them.

Yes i think these games are still in the video game genre. I think anything involving a system and virtually doing something is a video game.

4 comments:

  1. I find it cool that video games have replaced stimulating activity! I mean, instead of going to the gym now, you can do it in your own living room! I don't know, but that's just my opinion. But I love video games, who am I to judge. Assassin's Creed kicks major butt by the way. Okay, my ADD is acting up again.. anyway.. that's just how I see it.

    But seriously, when I heard that story about that boy who died for his laugh of video games, he fell off a tree, I think, I was like, "I'm definitely not getting THAT involved in my video games!" Guess how that's working out for me. I am now trying for the sixth time to see if I can use that exact same tactic that I used all those times to get through. Well, the other times? I died. But I swear I shot him first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, typo. I said "laugh of video games." I meant love. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find games beneficial, Vanessa. I disagree how you said that games are detrimental. Games can actually help the human brain. They've done studies on this not even joking. "http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7813637.stm" They help your brain process faster and can even reduce stress (which is common because we go to Ward). GAMES ARE BENEFICIAL people just need to know when to stop and limit themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hater you don't understand what i'm sayin!it is beneficial..but it is definatly detrimental. Because it cause many people to have no lives besides sitting at home and playing on their systems all day!But it is definatly beneficial too, too bad SOO many people do not know when to stop.

    ReplyDelete